Road scanning and surveys
XenomatiX offers 6D Road Scanning Services, in response to a growing demand for digitized road data from road authorities, road engineers, road inspectors, surveyors, and other stakeholders interested in providing road safety. XenomatiX uses the 6D road lidar to measure and collect high-precision and up-to-date data of road networks or sections requested by the customer.
The data collected includes raw digitized road data including surface damages, surface conditions as well as road markings. The data is collected using a true solid-state lidar sensor XenoTrack mounted on any vehicle. Any road can be digitized from community road, national road, highway but also harbor quays, airport runways, and even off-road.
Depending on the required usage of the data, different formats and further analyses are offered.Request Data Sample
Digital Twin of the Road
Digitizing pavements contributes to increased road safety and comfort, and efficient maintenance procedures. There are many advantages of a digital twin of the road:
- identification of defects undetectable via visual inspection
- faster and better decision-making
- real-time and offline automated quality index control
- objective analysis for predictive maintenance
- up-to-date as-built drawings
- save operational time on site
- cloud-based info available any time
- integrated info in common Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- practical, fast & easy data collection
- affordable solution
Reat Time Road Quality Indices
XenomatiX calculates on-board and in real-time International Roughness (IRI) and Rutting Index
In real-time, the XenoTrack road lidar calculates the IRI, CE and Rutting quality index while performing the road survey data collection. Upon arrival home, the quality indices are readily available to upload to your GIS.
A GIS system is then used to combine and relate the information of 2D pictures, 3D geometric twin, road markings and quality indices, and show the quality analyses on a streetmap visualization
How easy is it to Collect Pavement Data?
It is very easy and quick to collect pavement data with XenoTrack, road lidar.
- XenoTrack is set up in only 45 mins on any vehicle
- XenoTrack comes in two versions, the single and dual lane. Dual lane measures up to two lanes simultaneously
- Once set up, only one driver needed to collect the data
- Even at high speeds data collection remains highly accurate
- Road quality indices (IRI, EC, Rutting, …) are calculated on board
- XenoTrack provides a georeferenced true digital representation of the road surface
- Data is quickly imported into any GIS system
- Road sections and cracks are analyzed to determine when and where repairs are needed
XenomatiX Road Data allows you to perform
- Road quality management (PMS)
- Planning for preventive and curative road maintenance
- Road obstructions check
- Road topography and mapping
- Reference data for camera technology
- Proving ground profiles management
- Digital twin of road assets (BIM)
- Research and simulations using road profiles
Go to Road Data to find out our wide offerings
Post-processing and analyses
- International roughness index (IRI)
- Longitudinal evenness
- Transversal evenness
- Rutting index – left & right
- Road markings – Available On-Demand
- Cracks – Available On-demand
- Potholes – Available On-demand
- Subsidence – Available On-demand
XenomatiX allowed us to visualize the IRI on a Google map and classify roads and tracks fast and easy with a very good correlation to the subjective findings of our certified drivers.
XenomatiX’ road data convinced logistics companies in the Antwerp harbor of the power of LiDAR in continuous quay quality management, with the perspective to deploy an autonomous health and safety system for their manpower.
The R&D partnership between BRRC and XenomatiX focuses on affordable solutions for smaller road network owners that aim for performant and cost-effective road management. We also focus on exploring the tight link between road data infrastructure to autonomous vehicles of the near future.