We act as a controller and we are responsible for the Personal Information we process.
It is important that you read this Notice together with any other Privacy Notice we may so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your Personal Information.
Your Personal Information and how we collect it
When you apply for a position at XenomatiX, we may ask for certain Personal Information.
We will collect your Personal Information directly from you and from other sources including when you apply for a job via a jobsite, directly through our website, from social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or when you provide us with your details during a job fair, promotional, networking or training event. When you apply for a position at XenomatiX (employment, contract work, internship, thesis assignment) we will collect your Personal Information directly from you, your CV, from employment and/or educational referees and via online tests you may perform at our request. We may share your Personal Information internally for review and/or interview purposes. Your Personal Information will be securely stored in our internal database.
The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- your Identity (your full name, previous names, evidence of change of name); gender, date of birth and marital status);
- evidence of your right to work which may include a photograph, nationality, place of birth, driving license, work permit, etc (in accordance with legal requirements);
- contact details including your email, home address and phone numbers so that we can contact you by email and phone;
- your job search criteria, preferences and expectations;
- your qualifications, skills, experience and training;
- current remuneration and other benefits;
- educational history;
- employment history;
- details of employment and/or educational referees;
- details of disabilities (where provided by you and if it is relevant);
- other information contained in your CV or that you choose to provide to us;
We will process your Personal Information for the purposes of administering the application, managing the internal hiring process and assessing your suitability. We will store your Personal Information securely in our confidential online HR database. Your Personal Information cannot be viewed or accessed by anyone except for members of HR and internal interviewers/assessors of XenomatiX in Europe and the US. We do not share CV’s with any other companies and we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected, secure and kept confidential. If we engage a third party to provide pre-employment screening services or testing, we will ensure that access is limited to the Personal Information that is compatible with those services and the service provider is contractually obliged to comply with applicable data privacy laws, confidentiality and provide adequate safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure until it is deleted or anonymised.
By applying for employment with us, you consent to us processing your Personal Information for these purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to continue with your application.
If your employment application is unsuccessful, we may retain your Personal Information in our HR database for a period of maximum 2 years. Occasionally we may ask if you would accept us to retain your CV data longer if we consider that you may be suitable for future roles.
Special Categories of Personal Information
Information about your health and/or judicial/criminal records will only be processed if this is relevant to your job application (for example if you require a health and/or criminal record statement in view of a work permit request) and in compliance with legally imposed restrictions.
This information will be retained for no longer than necessary before being deleted.
If you are a (potential) supplier of recruitment services we will collect and process information about individuals in your organization. We may enter the individual’s name and business email address in to our database as a designated point of contact for that organization, together with the individual’s other business contact data. Usually the only Personal Information we process about a supplier contact is the individual’s name for the purposes of contacting the supplier as a recipient of the supplier’s goods and services.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it (to consider you for employment/contract work/internship/thesis assignment), unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Transferring your Personal Information outside of Europe
XenomatiX is operating globally. We may share some of your Personal Information with XenomatiX staff outside the European Economic Area (EEA), who may use and process your Personal Information for similar purposes as described in this Policy. In these circumstances, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected, secure, kept confidential and that we have a lawful basis for the transfer.
Keeping your Personal Information Secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to do so. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breaches and we will notify you and the applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we Retain your Personal Information
XenomatiX will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for. This means we will keep your Personal Information throughout the period of your relationship with us and whilst we are keeping you in our recruitment database.
If you no longer wish to be kept in our database you can request us to delete your Personal Information.
If you have not been recruited, your data may be stored up to 2 years after the final contact for future vacancies.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you and we cannot identify you). We do this for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this anonymized data indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights under GDPR
You have the right to:
- Make a Data Subject Access Request to access your Personal Information at any time. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure / deletion / removal of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a 3rd party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
- Data Portability / Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a 3rd party. We will assist you with this transfer to a 3rd party either by transferring your Personal Information for you or by providing you with a copy in a machine-readable format. Please Note: this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We want to ensure we keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. In addition to your legal rights, you may ask us to make changes.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. It may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
The Legal Basis for processing your Personal Information
We have set out a short description of main ways we will collect, store, process, share and disclose your Personal Information and the legal bases we rely on to do so. We will only use your Personal information when the law allows us to.
Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information to fulfil a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you and/or when you consent.
Feedback and Complaints
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Belgian supervisory authority for data protection issues, the Data Protection Authority (DPA), (https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be) We would ask you to provide us with the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you before you contact the supervisory authority so please contact email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If we change this Privacy Notice we will post any updates here for your review.