Senior Deep Learning Engineer
Developing 3d vision together
What you’ll do:
As a member of our R&D team, you will be working on the next-generation solid-state, laser-based sensors for autonomous driving. The outcome of your work will be presented to car manufacturers and their supply chain.
Being an experienced deep learning engineer, you will build deep learning applications to digitize and interpret the scene of a moving vehicle. Your software will turn measurement data into intelligence for autonomous cars.
You will be involved in both Research and Product Development activities. Using your skills in vision technology and Deep Learning, you will be hands-on in inventing, designing and testing our future products. You will work closely together with our engineering team to create world-class technology and products that will be demonstrated in our offices in Leuven as well as in automotive development centers worldwide.
Occasionally, you may travel to automotive customers to show your product, to understand the exact use cases and to help growing the business.
What you need:
- You have a technical university degree, preferably in computer science, AI, vision technology or mathematics.
- You have been a member of an R&D team.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in developing Deep Learning applications.
- You have a deep understanding of and hands-on experience with selecting and training convolutional neural networks for object detection and semantic segmentation.
- You have hands-on experience with selecting and tuning network architectures, modifying loss functions and designing hyperparameter searches to boost performance in both speed and accuracy.
- You have experience with Python and PyTorch.
- Knowledge of C++, classical machine learning and/or image processing is a plus.
- Experience with optical products and computer vision/3D technology is a strong plus.
- You live at a reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way, while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
What we offer:
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role in the company development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skillset and experience
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the position XV2108.