Functional Safety Manager
Developing 3d vision together
What you’ll do
As a member of the R&D team, you will be responsible for all functional safety aspects of the development of our next-generation solid state lidar to be used in the car of the future.
- You assure product development in compliance with ISO 26262 and coordinate FuSa compliant development throughout the entire V-model lifecycle.
- You set principles, frameworks, processes, tools and measures to enable ISO 26262 compliant development.
- You take the lead in elaborating safety plan and DIA.
- You release documentation related to the different functional safety actions required to develop a system free from unreasonable risk.
- You coordinate and review the different safety activities within the system and its sub-systems and throughout multidisciplinary teams (electronics, optics, photonics, mechanics,…)
- Starting from ASIL levels, you apply risk-based analysis methods such as HARA, DFMEA, FTA, define corresponding safety concepts, safety goals, and determine measures and requirements to achieve acceptable risk level and assure traceability between them.
- You collaborate with colleague-engineers to assure functional safety concepts and awareness throughout the team.
You will work closely together with the XenomatiX team to create world-class products that will be demonstrated in our offices in Leuven as well as in automotive development centers worldwide.
What you’ll need
- You have a degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, …) or applied physics
- You have at least 5 years of work experience within functional safety for automotive, preferably within optoelectronic systems.
- You have been actively involved in the application of safety standards, especially ISO26262 and automotive safety analysis.
- You are a team player with the ability to work with deadlines in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- You have the drive to define and continuously improve processes.
- You possess strong communication skills, written and verbally (English)
- You are passionate to make automotive systems safe.
- You have good analytical competencies and can develop insights into complex systems.
- You live at a reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
What we offer
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role in the company’s development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skillset and experience
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com, referring to the position XV1917.