FPGA Design Engineer
Developing 3d vision together
What you’ll do
As a member of our R&D team, you will be working on the next-generation solid-state, laser-based sensors for ADAS and AD applications, road scanning, surveying and pro-active suspension applications.
Being an experienced FPGA Design Engineer, you will specify, develop, and verify FPGA designs and associated modules for our high-performance machine vision applications on embedded platforms.
You will be involved in product development activities. Using your skills of FPGA development, you will be hands-on in inventing, designing and testing our future products.
You are responsible to:
- Design and develop FPGA and soft-core programming in highly complex embedded processing systems.
- Detail specifications based on requirements and implement FPGA designs in accordance with those defined requirements and/or specifications.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to evaluate possible alternatives during the development process and determine the best approach based on performance, cost, and resources.
- Perform simulation activities including timing analysis, behavioral and functional simulations.
- Develop test benches and other test tools as needed to complete verification of FPGA designs.
- Participate in the bring-up of new, custom FPGA-based hardware with support from firmware and electronic engineers.
- Support hardware development through schematic design and in some cases PCBA layout.
- Document ideas, designs, specifications, and instructions.
You will work closely together with hardware and firmware engineers to create world-class technology and products that will be demonstrated in our offices in Leuven as well as in development centers worldwide.
What you’ll need
- You have a technical degree, e.g. in computer, electrical, electronics engineering.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience with off-the-shelf FPGA platforms.
- Demonstrated skill in developing FPGA code with VHDL and integration both with hardware and software interfaces.
- Strong understanding of tools and methodologies used in the context of FPGA development and integration. Familiarity with source code versioning.
- Experience developing testbenches and applying simulation techniques including timing analysis.
- Working knowledge of electronics development including schematic and PCBA layout tools.
- Demonstrated skill in independently using electronics lab equipment to develop/troubleshoot low-level drivers and hardware integration for interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, DDR, video.
- Team player with peer reviewing code and daily scrums.
- You possess strong communication and organization skills.
- You have a logical approach to problem-solving.
- You live at a reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
- Knowledge of FPGA interfaces: AXI4 bus, transceivers, DDR, and DMA.
- Knowledge of FPGA high-throughput image processing: Fixed point or floating point design decisions, pipelined computation and using DMA to maximize throughput.
- Knowledge of Git versioning tool.
- Experience with reviewing the design and bringing up a custom PCB with an FPGA and high-speed interfaces.
- Knowledge of VHDL and Verilog.
Submit your application to email@example.com, referring to the position XV2114.