Developing 3d vision together
What you’ll do
As a member of our R&D-team, you will be working on the next-generation solid-state, laser-based sensors for autonomous driving. The outcome of your work will be presented to car manufacturers and their supply chain.
Being an experienced firmware engineer, you will improve the speed and efficiency of our high-performance machine vision algorithms on embedded platforms.
You will be involved in both Research and Product Development activities. Using your skills in implementing algorithms for parallel architectures you will be hands-on in inventing, designing and testing our future products. You are responsible for:
- Porting existing algorithms to an embedded platform.
- Optimizing resource usage and execution speed.
- Profiling and debugging of your code.
You will work closely together with hardware engineers to create world-class technology and products that will be demonstrated in our offices in Leuven as well as in automotive development centers worldwide.
What you’ll need
- You have a technical degree, e.g. in computer science, electrical or electronics engineering.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- You possess knowledge of programming techniques and algorithms for parallel architectures.
- You have experience with programming (Automotive-Grade) SoCs (NXP, TI, Xilinx, Altera…).
- You have experience in writing clean and efficient C programs.
- You have experience in writing optimal code for ARMv8 with SIMD/NEON extension or low-level DSP or GPU architectures using OpenCL, OpenVX, CUDA,…
- You have experience with version control systems (e.g. subversion, Git).
- You have strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- Experience with image processing is a strong plus.
- You possess strong communication and organization skills.
- You have a logical approach to problem-solving.
- You live at a reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
What we offer
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role in the company’s development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skillset and experience
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the position XV1916.