Algorithm Development Engineer
Developing 3d vision together
What you’ll do
As a member of our R&D team, you will be working on the next-generation solid-state, laser-based sensors for autonomous driving and ADAS.
- You will develop and validate smart algorithms for the characterization and improvement of optical and photonic systems.
- You will describe the development and testing strategy to analyse and improve our products.
- You will perform real experiments to generate relevant datasets.
- You will optimize algorithms considering processing speed and real-time integration.
- You will document and report results both internally and externally towards customers.
- You will collaborate with Software Engineering for the integration of the algorithms and system improvements into a real product.
What you’ll need
- You have a technical university degree, preferably in mathematics, computer science, vision technology, applied science or Having a Ph.D. in one of these fields is a definite advantage.
- You have a strong analytical mindset.
- You are highly experienced in algorithm development, from concept to application.
- You have solid experience of 4+ years either in a research or an industry environment.
- You have experience in imaging and data processing to interpret and improve data quality.
- You master Matlab and/or Python.
- You live at a reasonable (driving) distance from Leuven.
- You can work in an independent way while having the spirit of a team player.
- You are passionate about your professional career and your technical skills.
- Ideally, you have one or more of the following:
- A background in machine vision.
- An understanding of 2D imaging and 3D point cloud systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages C++ and Cuda is a strong plus.
What we offer
- Great team spirit: we are a motivated, dynamic and committed team, we care about each other and value teamwork.
- We share one common vision: we thrive to contribute to the mobility evolution and build a future where roads are a safer place for everyone
- Entrepreneurial mindset: we never stop learning, we embrace innovation and change
- Growing with us: you become part of a growing company that values and develops its people. You will play a central role in the company’s development and success. You will have the opportunity to take on different challenges, grow and learn.
- High tech environment full of technical talent
- Remuneration in line with skillset and experience
The opportunity is here, make it yours!
Submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to the position XV2005